Wednesday, April 29, 2015

guest designing at card concept 34

If you're looking for my post for Winnie & Walter's April/May release, please click here.


Are you up for another mixed media card for the gals over at The Card Concept? I've really enjoyed exercising my mixed media genes this month ;) Check out this sweet inspiration photo.


So what did I take away with me? A present, a tag, baker's twine, stripes, a rose hanging over the upper left corner of the photo... This is what I created.

100_5705

No fully-loaded mixed media card this time, but rather a "cassy" one. CAS + messy = cassy.
I've still used mixed media - Glimmer Mist, watercolors, twinkling H2Os. And I've got techiques - dry embossing, heat embossing, watercoloring, splattering. And texture and dimension - dry embossing, heat embossing, twine, die and fussy cuts, and even a sentiment sticker.


Here's a closeup of the shimmer thanks to the turquoise Glimmer Mist splatters and the H2Os on the watercolored rose from STAMPlorations.

There were lots of lovely entries to the last challenge with its graphic photo. Hope to see just as many this time around too. Thanks for having me, Card Concept!

I'm joining in the Everything Goes challenge at Inspiration Journal and I'm hooking up to Simon Says Monday Challenge which is Anything Goes and also to the Wednesday Challenge where it's about Clean and Simple this week. I don't think it's written anywhere that mixed media cannot be CAS ;)

Thanks for looking.

10 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Maria :-) the whole design of this is so pretty ! I love the delicate flower and embossed background, very beautiful :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

Deepti said...

Oh my ! What a beauty :) you know I love that rose and the way you used it is incredible :)

LauraJane:) said...

BEAUTIFUL card...I totally agree with your statement,"I don't think it's written anywhere that mixed media cannot be CAS"

Shelly said...

WOW. Stunning!

Manuela said...

wunderschöne Karte, die Farben sind so schön und die Rose sieht toll aus!

shirley-bee said...

Fabulous cassy workout! Love the white on white texture - and those splatters ;)

cm said...

Cassy and classy, Maria! Textures, colours, images...delicious!
Hugs~c

SonjaK said...

Oh wow, this is beautiful! I love everything about this card. The embossing, the mix of soft and bright colors, the golden sparkle, the splatters - it all adds up to a fantastic card.

Cris G. said...

This is one AMAZING card!!! The embossed background is an embossing folder?... so beautiful. I love the clean and light look and I love even more that you achieved it using a lot of techniques and mediums.

Anita in France said...

WOW! Maria, this is stunning ... the most awesome use of all those different mediums and the gorgeous colours ... CASsy indeed ... beautifully so! Anita :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...