Thursday, February 11, 2016

celebrating winnie and walter's 2nd, again

There is a huge party going on to celebrate Winnie and Walter's 2nd birthday and once again, I'm totally inspired by the challenges. You have to take a gander.


I've a three-fer today. My first card is for Vanessa's rainbow challenge. I die cut "hugs" from rainbow-watercolored CS and even inked my sentiment stamps so that they would match the die cut, although I think I would prefer plain black ;) I love having so many words to choose from in that simple WW font. My words are from The Big, The Bold and Extras,  The Big, The Bold and Party, and The Big, The Bold and Happy.


 I'm also hooking this up at Little Tangles where the February theme is Watercolor.

My second card today also uses Mayuri's inlaid die cutting technique with Maggie's Roses and The Big, The Bold and Party . I die cut the leaves from a panel of white CS, adhered sticker paper to my cardbase front, adhered the white panel and then inlaid leaves I had cut from green watercolored CS. TIP: Use the coated paper peeled off the sticker paper and burnish the inlaid pieces well. The coating prevents any sticking.


Inserted a couple touches of gold too for Heather H.'s watercolor and gold challenge. My heat embossed sentiments are from The Big, The Bold and Party. And since I took the inlaid die cuts off the edge I'm joining Kelly's challenge again too.

I also made a card for the birthday celebrations at Papertrey (Happy 9th!) cuz I was inspired by Erin's card to grab my NBUS Easter egg dies and  the only PTI Easter sentiment I have and create this card.


I'm joining PTI's Grab and Craft and Create Along with Us challenges.

Appreciate your visit. Hope your week is going well.

25 comments:

Suchi said...

Three super duper cards!! Beautiful!! :)
Suchi xx

Mac Mable said...

Fabulous inspiration from the three cards. Love that Hugs die and the gorgeous water colour effect of the die cut. Gorgeous colours on the second two cards and great effect on the inlaid dies. x

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

OH what lovely cards Maria, and thanks for stopping by my blog to say HELLO! : )

Leigh Penner said...

These are all wonderful!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Absolutely gorgeous! All 3 look amazing! My favourite is the second one - I LOVE all the gold and the inlaid leaves! Enjoy your day!

KT Fit Kitty said...

P.S. I just joined as a follower!

Diane Jaquay said...

These are all SUPER, Maria! I especially love the rainbow hugs!

Chriss Blagrave said...

l love the big HUGS as a rainbow and how you carried over with the sub sentiments!
The inlaid leaves card has such dreamy colours as the Easter card, too!
Keep celebrating and creating ❤️

Joyce said...

Fantastic trio of cards. REally love the inking on your first card.

Loll said...

Awesome cards Maria!! LOVE the soft colours of the watercolouring. xx

Tracey McNeely said...

Fabulous Maria, I love how beautifully your water coloured panel turned out and those sweet Easter eggs!

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous cards but those Easter eggs are amazing.

Greta said...

Wow--you nailed the challenges, Maria! I keep meaning to make something for W&W, but still haven't gotten around to it. I adore the touches of gold on the second one!

~amy~ said...

busy woman...these are FABulous.

Happy Dance said...

Jaw-dropping. That hugs card caught my eye right away. Your pastelly rainbow across the entire card is amazing. Just love it! But then I saw the leaves card. Oh. My. Gosh. All dressed up in soft greens and gold, it's just beautiful. Love the black bits of your sentiment; they really pull you into this card. And your eggy Easter card is lovely! Those eggs are perfectly complimented by your pretty ribbon. Terrific trio!! And in the next week or so, check your snail-mail box.... Bev

Darnell said...

I'm experiencing gleefer your threefer, Maria! Each one knocked my socks off! No, wait, I only have two socks. Well, you know what I mean! And I'm pretty sure that Easter card will remain my favorite one for 2016 no matter how many hundreds more I see in the coming weeks!! Mwah! Enjoy your weekend! Hugs, Darnell

Vanessa said...

Alle drei Karten sind super schön geworden, Maria!! Ich kann mich gar nicht entscheiden, welche ich am liebsten mag. Die zweite ist besonders clever, mit dem Glitzergold auf den Blättern. Richtig toll! Danke dass Du bei meiner Challenge mitmachst!!

Anita in France said...

Rainbow hugs ... swoon ... how glorious, Maria ... those inset leaves are gorgeous, what a lovely idea (and one for me to CASE!) ... and the colours on those Easter eggs ... so delicious ... so speggtacular!! Hugs, Anita :)

Shelly said...

These are all so pretty!! Thanks for joining us at Little Tangles!

Kelly Griglione said...

I was wondering if anyone would do an off-the-edge design with an all-over pattern. And it was you! If I had time to make a third card, that would have been my pick. Expertly done, maria f.! Love, love the touches of gold on it, and how you didn't put the gold everywhere. Just gorgeous!

shirley-bee said...

Ooh, I love the touches of gold on the leaf card!

Virginia L. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Virginia L. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Virginia L. said...

Was Vanessa gesagt!! I love your inking and creativity! You are rocking these challenges! PS: had a hard time making this comment..wonder why.

Houses Built of Cards said...

Beautiful cards! LOVE the inlaid die-cutting on the second one! Thanks so much for playing along with my Gold and Watercolor Challenge at Winnie and Walter!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...