Saturday, May 20, 2017

playing with zigs

Hi friends. It's been awhile, eh? When we last "spoke" I was heading to MI to be with my Mom who wasn't feeling well. Well that journey took a few turns ending with her passing peacefully on my birthday. Then there was Dad to get settled in his "new normal". And now I find myself in my "new normal" - back in Germany with my head in MI half the time AND with my baby graduated from high school!

Thought I'd share a series of cards I made before all hell broke loose in my life. I had been having a play with my Zig markers...and some fantasy coloring...



It feels nice to be back. Haven't quite made it to my craft room yet, but I will. I've missed you all. (Thank you to those who sent wonderful cards to cheer Mom up or comfort me and Dad when she passed - Shirley, Darnell, Ruth, Amy T, Bev, Shery, Cornelia, Bonnie ... and any others I'm forgetting. You're the best!)

13 comments:

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Oh Maria, I am so sorry for your loss.
This card is stunningly beautiful! Thank you for the inspiration. Hugs.

Ruth said...

I have missed your posts, but life happens and sometimes you just need time for you. We are all still here :) This is gorgeous. I love the fantasy colours. They are beautiful! Xx

Happy Dance said...

It's nice to see you back for a minute or two in blogland. Things will get to where they ought to be, and you'll soon be in the swing of your new "normal." My 'normal' changes every day, lol. When you do get back to the craft room, make another one of these. It's beautiful. It's breathtaking. It's just wonderful. Hope you and all your family are doing well. Bev

cm said...

Maria, how wonderful to see your post pop up in my Feedly and oh, what a lovely card you've shared with us: fantasy fabulous in every way. I second Bev: beautiful, breathtaking, wonderful. Time will help you to adjust to your 'new' normal and, as you already know, you'll experience the full range of ups-and-downs. Heal at your own pace; craft when the desire emerges. Whatever you need, we're here for you.
Hugs and love~c

JenniferE said...

I'm so sorry for the loss of your mom. Praying your dad manages well without her, and for you for a healing heart. Congrats to your new graduate! Beautiful card!

Mac Mable said...

Great masking and fun colours on your gorgeous card. You've been missed X so very sorry, sending hugs and also congratulations to your daughter x

Loll said...

Beautiful design Maria. Hoping your "new normal" continues to settle for you. Sending you virtual hugs. xx

Hannelie said...

Love this color version too!

Handmade Cards by Archana said...

Beautiful design!!
Hugs
Archana

shirley-bee said...

I just love the colour blending on this. And the b/w stamped background. Stunning.

Susanne Vargas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susanne Vargas said...

And it's good to have you back blogging and on IG again! This beautiful watercolored flower really pops surrounded by the black and white ones!
I can imagine it's hard to be so far away from your dad... It will take some time and lots of patience to heal. Thinking of you all...

Cris G. said...

So sorry for your loss, Maria!
Good to have you back and creating again such beauties... how gorgeous is that variegated look on your flower!
Hugs,
Cris

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...